Monday, November 30, 2009

Sing out, Louise.

Day 2 of visiting my brother Josh's family in California. The strange sensation accompanying my days may be relaxation. I find myself at a loss for words, but remembering that Josh had asked what I was listening to these days, here is a tiny piece of an answer:

The Shivers | Just Didn't Need to Know


Beirut | Elephant Gun


Marina & the Diamonds | I Am Not A Robot

The artist Thommy Conroy introduced Beirut to me about a year ago and I have not stopped listening to them since. (Thommy is always inspiring to me - I think a poet needs painters and other visual artists to keep a whole perspective sometimes....by whole, I mean not confined by the limits of language.) The other two songs are picks from Miz Becca Darling's blog the bee charmer, which I recently rediscovered and just had to share with you, who ever you are.

No comments: