Sunday, June 13, 2010

oh HI

Hi Chickadees. It's been quiet over here for the last two weeks. Why, you ask. Oh, says I, well I was doing a bit of freaking out i.e. making tornadoes all through my life because I am rather nervous about graduate school and moving to Houston. What's a better cure for future anxiety than creating A BIG CRISIS STEW IN THE PRESENT?!? I was also busy making paper mache dragons for my playgroup kids and watching a lot of Lost. Anyway, I'm re-charged & reading Angela's Ashes & excited to begin looking through the textbook for the course I'll be teaching this fall, etc. etc. Moving on. Moving on.

4 comments:

Leigh Phillips said...

Please read "Just Kids" if you haven't already. You're going to have to trust me on this. Promise.

sk said...

Thank you, lightning. I'll bump it to the top of my to-read list.

Elisabeth said...

Resounding poem here, and no wonder you feel unsettled. Change is in the air.

Robby said...

I am reading the collected poems of Anne Sexton. Just reading them is making me feel insane. But, in all honesty, it is the best feeling.