Sometimes I can't articulate the Much To Say. Lately other people have been offering the words & sounds to me of others, and that's what makes sense. It's okay to take a little rest from explaining.
---Five Remembrances offered by Thich Naht Hahn
(sent to me by my friend Rob, he of the motorcycle & bicycle & yoga mastery; who was once a painter, who is deeply kind.)
1. I am of the nature to grow old. There is no way to escape growing old.
2. I am of the nature to have ill health. There is no way to escape ill health.
3. I am of the nature to die. There is no way to escape death.
4. All that is dear to me and everyone I love are of the nature to change. There is no way to escape being separated from them.
5. My actions are my only true belongings. I cannot escape the consequences of my actions. My actions are the ground upon which I stand.
--Vic Chesnutt (introduced to me this week by a friend, he of the almonds, cold wind & empathy.)
Funny, strange, sad. Brilliant. Here's his Daytrotter session with Elf Power.