Saturday, March 12, 2011

It wasn't just that you were just waving to me, but that we were waving to each other



Good afternoon, Chickadees, I'm on spring break and have spent the entire day so far indoors making art and thinking about art.

Example 1: new page in "The Humanity of Words," the collage book I have been making for almost ten years:




example 2:
This poem Anastasia and Sandman by Larry Levis makes me stop breathing a little bit.

example 3:
Listening to a very disembodying track by Patti Smith from Wave.



Here's the latest poetnews:

-- You can now order the latest copy of Lo-Ball, in which my work appears alongside that of folks like Steve Almond, Bob Hicok, Fanny Howe, Honorée Jeffers, Paul Lisicky, Cate Marvin, Aimee Nezhukumatathil, Matthew Siegel, and David Trinidad. Honored to be in such good company.

-- Next Friday I'm driving to Louisiana to be part of a small literary festival called Delta Mouth, hosted by LSU. I'll be reading at Highland Coffee, after sitting on a panel discussing small journal publishing, alongside Adam Atkinson (OH NO books), Johannes Goransson & Joyelle McSweeney (Action Books), Blake Stephens (Delta Magazine), and Lauren Tussing-White (New Delta Review). And then I might drive to New Orleans for a night, if someone will feed my cat.

That's all. Hope you're having a good weekend.

No comments: